#GivingTuesdayKaty strives to meet the needs of our community by providing an easy-to-use digital marketplace that connects local donors with Katy area nonprofits all year long. We inspire the people of Katy and their neighbors to make a difference in their community by connecting them with the causes they're passionate about on one easy-to-use platform where they can donate to charities in their neighborhood.
#GivingTuesdayKaty makes it possible for anyone to make a donation to his or her favorite cause or to create a fundraising page at any time whether it's for a special event or a specific project. The site is also a starting point to giving for newcomers or new companies to the area.
#GivingTuesdayKaty is our city's annual community-wide day of online giving. The month long period provides an easy and fun way for our entire community to give together while helping local nonprofits.
What is #GivingTuesdayKaty?
Why give to #GivingTuesdayKaty?
What is the Donor's Bill of Rights?
#GivingTuesdayKaty is a month-long online giving campaign that takes place from November 1, 2020-December 1, 2020.
Is there a minimum donation?
The suggested minimum donation on #GivingTuesdayKaty is $25. However, our new platform is designed for all gifts of $10 and above. We strongly recommend keeping your donation at $25 and above. This will not only maximize your impact, but it will also help your favorite nonprofit achieve its ambitions goal!
How will I get my tax receipt?
You will receive an immediate thank you and tax receipt for 100% of your donation(s), which you should print out for your records. By selecting a specific charity to receive your donation, your donation is restricted for that charity and will not be given to any other charity. Your donation will be in the hands of your nonprofits within 4 weeks.
What are credit card processing fees?
Credit card processing fees are incurred any time a donation or transaction using a credit card takes place. These processing fees are paid directly to credit card companies through our credit card processor.
Can I get a refund?
Of course, we encourage year-round giving, but we make a special appeal on #GivingTuesday. This is the day to celebrate and support nonprofits in Katy, Texas that make this a better place for everyone to live. Plus, your gift made through #GivingTuesdayKaty will be amplified by incentive matching dollars from our generous sponsors.
Can I give to more than 1 nonprofit?
Yes! Just click on the Nonprofit Partners tab and then the donate button for each nonprofit you want to make a contribution to and your funds will go directly to them. You can also make a single donation to the #GivingTuesdayKaty fund that will be allocated to the participating nonprofits.
How will I be recognized as a donor?
You will receive an immediate thank you and tax receipt for 100% of your donation(s). Your chosen nonprofits will thank you ass well. You can choose to make an anonymous donation if you prefer. Anonymous donors will receive a tax receipt, but will not receive a thank you from the nonprofit organization they contributed to.
Is my donation a 100% tax-deductible?
Can I make a donation through my cell phone?
Philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life. To assure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the not-for-profit organizations and causes they are asked to support, we declare that all donors have these rights:
1. To be informed of the organization's mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
2. To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization's governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
3. To have access to the organization's most recent financial statements.
4. To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
5. To receive appropriate acknowledgment and recognition.
6. To be assured that information about their donations is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
7. To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
8. To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
9. To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that an organization may intend to share.
10. To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
The text of this statement in its entirety was developed by the American Association of Fund-Raising Counsel (AAFRC), Association for Healthcare Philanthropy (AHP), Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE), and the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP), and adopted in November 1993.
We, unfortunately, are not able to refund donations. Please contact us at if you have questions regarding your donation.
Yes! Our technology provider has a "mobile optimized platform" that will make it easy to make a gift on the givingtuesdaykaty.org using your smartphone.